Here is a great recipe for almost veal and its old-fashioned mash ... a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of almost veal
- 30 cl of milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 10g butter
- 1 cl of oil
Old fashioned mash
- 700 g of potatoes
- 40 cl of liquid cream
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of chive
- coarse salt
- Salt pepper
Almost veal braised in milk, old-fashioned mash
For the old-fashioned mash:
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in boiling salted water with coarse salt until tender. Place the potatoes in a salad bowl. Mash them with a fork. Incorporate the cream and butter. Season. Keep warm.
- Peel and wash the shallot.
- Bring the milk to a boil, add the garlic in the shirt and the shallot. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and butter, sear the meat on all sides. Place it in an oven dish. Moisten with the infusion of milk. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand when entering the oven. Collect and filter the cooking juices, transfer it to a saucepan and reduce until obtaining a smooth sauce. Salt and pepper.
- Slice almost the veal, cover it with sauce. Serve with the old-fashioned mash sprinkled with chopped chives.
- To obtain a more homogeneous and creamy sauce, add liquid cream to the milk during reduction.
- In cooking, milk brings softness and tenderness to the meat.
On the cellar side, wine to accompany the almost veal:
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Wet : pour a liquid: wetting (water, milk, broth, stock, wine ...) in order to cook or make a sauce, a juice ... This liquid is poured until it touches the top of the cooking ingredient.
Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan