Here is a delicious recipe for peach and ginger ice cream, made with cottage cheese and garnished with flaked almonds.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 20 cl of milk
- 1 tsp. of candied ginger
- 3 individual jars of cottage cheese with peach coulis
- 80 g heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 40g agave syrup
- 2 yellow peaches
- Some flaked almonds
Peach / ginger ice cream
- In a saucepan, heat the milk.
- Chop the candied ginger. Place it in the hot milk, then, off the heat, let infuse and cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the fromage blanc with peach, the cream and the milk infused with ginger.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff with the agave syrup.
- Add the egg whites to the previous mixture. Mix all the ingredients well and pour into the ice cream maker. It takes about 20 minutes.
- Let the ice cream stand for 1 hour in the freezer before tasting it.
- Place the ice cream in ice cream cups, add the slices of peaches and a few flaked almonds.
This recipe also works very well with plain yogurts; add pieces of peaches to the mixture before setting in the ice cream maker.
Read also :
- Health benefits and virtues of fishing
- Benefits and virtues of ginger for health
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel