Chicken that is traditionally cooked with potatoes can be served with carrots and turnips for extra freshness.
It's a great dish to cook all year round!
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 beautiful free-range chicken
- 4 nice carrots
- 3 turnips
- Thyme, rosemary
- 10 cl of dry white wine
Chicken recipe with carrots and candied turnips:
Start by preheating your oven to 200 °
- Peel and wash the carrots and turnips
- Cut the vegetables into rings for the carrots and into pieces of a similar size for the turnips
- In an ovenproof dish, butter the bottom of the dish
- Place the chicken then arrange the vegetables around
- Wet with white wine
- Crumble a few browns of thyme and rosemary
- Bake for 45 min
- Sprinkle regularly with the juice or, failing that, with a little water
After 45 minutes, the chicken should be cooked and roasted while the vegetables should be lightly candied
Enjoy your meal !