Pumpkin soup is a real delight, packed with flavors and smoothness.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 pumpkin (approximately 2 kg)
If the pumpkin is larger, cut it into pieces and freeze the rest
- A potato
- A carrot
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- Salt pepper
- Grilled croutons
- A few sprigs of aromatic herbs (parsley, chervil or tarragon, celery)
Doable from the first pumpkin harvest, it can also be done throughout the winter.
Pumpkin soup recipe
The pumpkin soup recipe is as easy as it is quick to make and the result lives up to its reputation!
Pumpkin soup is indeed a staple of fall and winter soups and one of the best ways to cook pumpkin.
- Remove the skin and stringy parts of the pumpkin
- Peel potatoes
- Cut the pumpkin and potatoes into large pieces
- Steam the pumpkin and potatoes together.
You can use a pot of salted water if you prefer this cooking method
- Steaming time is about 20 minutes, the potatoes should be well cooked
- Prepare and reheat the chicken broth
- Pass the vegetables in a blender
- Pour in the broth as you go
- Add the sour cream and nutmeg
- Salt, pepper
You can serve the pumpkin soup, garnished with aromatic herbs and with small toasted croutons, it's delicious ...
Enjoy your meal !
You can garnish the pumpkin soup with a few pieces of grilled ham, small diced bacon or a freshly pan-fried scallop, it makes a very good meal.