Treat yourself to this delicious raisin semolina cake recipe, as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 liter of semi-skimmed milk
- 160 g fine semolina
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. of raisins
- Liquid caramel to taste
- 2 eggs
Semolina cake with raisins
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th. 7).
- In a saucepan, pour the milk, leave to heat over low heat. Add the semolina and sugar, mix well, cook for 5 minutes, then add the raisins.
- As soon as the semolina is cooked, let cool.
- Pour the caramel on the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Separate the eggs, place the whites in the bowl of the food processor, whip them into snow with a pinch of salt.
- Add the yolks to the semolina, mix well.
- Add the egg whites to the semolina. Mix gently and pour into the mold. Bake for 25 minutes.
You can turn your dessert over and serve it with liquid caramel.
Find out more about milk
Cow's milk is more commonly consumed and used in the manufacture of dairy products (cheeses, yogurts, creams, butters, etc.), failing which goat and sheep milk, or even buffalo, yak and camel milk, much less known.
Its neutral taste and its culinary virtues make it an essential ally for many preparations: it can emulsify, sweeten, gel, fix aromas and promote coloring. Thus, it is used to brown puff pastry, preserve the whiteness of fish and desalt them, soften soups and purees, rehydrate dried fruits, make cooking bases, give them softness and smoothness ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel