In full asparagus season, give in to this delicious recipe for asparagus, chaource and haddock quiche.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g green asparagus
- 100 g of haddock
- 50 g of chaource
- 40 cl of whole milk
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 2 eggs
- coarse salt
- Fine salt, freshly ground pepper
- 130 g flour
- 20 g buckwheat flour
- 5 g baker's yeast
- 1 egg
- Fine salt
Asparagus, chaource and haddock quiche
The day before, place the haddock in 25 cl of milk.
For the pie crust:
- In a mixer, combine the flour, fine salt, baker's yeast diluted with a little lukewarm water, the egg yolk, 2 to 3 cl of water. Beat and keep in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th7).
- Peel and wash the asparagus, cook them for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on size) in boiling salted water with coarse salt. Refresh in ice water.
- Drain, rinse and cut the haddock into pieces.
Place the pie dough on a floured work surface, roll it out with a rolling pin, place it in a pie plate.
Arrange the asparagus and haddock on top and sprinkle with pieces of chaource.
In a bowl, beat the eggs into an omelet, pour in the liquid cream, 15 cl of milk, salt and pepper. Mix and cover the dough with this device.
Bake and cook for about 25 minutes. Serve warm or hot.
- Ideas for using asparagus tails: cut them into slices, brown them in butter and add them to a soup or to garnish an omelet.
- This recipe can be easily made with asparagus. To accompany the latter, the chaource can be replaced by parmesan.
Words from the kitchen
Device: mixture of several elements used in the preparation of a dish (eg: soufflé device).
Recipe: C. Fradin, Photo: C. Herlédan