Here is a recipe that will reveal the subtlety of duck while awakening your taste buds with a deliciously flavored orange sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 duck breasts
- 3 oranges
- 2 cc of Armagnac or Grand Marnier
- 1 knob of butter
- 20 cl of chicken stock
- 1 tsp brown sugar (brown or white sugar may also work)
- 1 dash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 strand (s) of thyme
This recipe is rather made in winter during the orange harvest period ... Easy to make, it should surprise your guests!
Recipe for duck breast with orange
Choose good duck breasts and fleshy and colorful oranges to fully enjoy this tasty dish.
- Start by washing the oranges and taking the zest from one of them
- Then cut this same orange in 2 and extract the juice
- Peel the 2 remaining oranges, and take each quarter without damaging them
- In a saucepan, pour the balsamic vinegar with the chicken stock, the butter then the Armagnac
- Add the brown sugar (or sugar) then reduce to obtain a syrup
- Meanwhile, cut the breasts on the fat side and cook them for 5 minutes on each side, starting with the fat side. Empty the fat before turning them over
- Once cooked, place the duck breasts on a plate (ideally hot) and cover with aluminum foil
- Brown the orange wedges for a few seconds with the orange zest
All you have to do is set the plates ...
- Cut the duck breasts then place a few pieces on the plate
- Add the seared orange wedges
- Cover everything with the syrup you made
- Place some zest on the meat
- Add a few brown thyme as a decoration
As an accompaniment, we could have cooked potatoes in the water, make a little gratin dauphinois or even beans " eat all ".
Enjoy your meal !