Here is a delicious recipe for Grilled Normandy beef rib, creamy cider sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1.5 kg of Norman beef rib
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Creamy cider sauce:
- 5 shallots
- 1 Apple
- 25 g semi-salted butter
- 1/2 bottle of cider
- 1 branch of thyme
- 25 cl of fresh cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
For the creamy cider sauce:
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Peel and grate the apple.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter. When frothy, brown the shallots and brown for 5 minutes. Deglaze with the cider. Add the grated apple and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat the plancha.
- Place the prime rib on the plancha and cook for 10 minutes on each side. Set aside off the heat on a grill, season with fleur de sel and cracked pepper. Cover with foil, let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, incorporate the cream into the hot cider sauce.
- Cut the meat and cover it with sauce.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel