As original as it is delicious, squash jam should surprise as well as seduce the taste buds.
Ingredients for 5/6 jars:
- 1.5 kg of squash
- 1 apple
- 2 lemon
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
Read also :
- Our articles dedicated to squash
Squash jam recipe
For the squash jam, you can also use pumpkin, of pumpkin or squash butturnet.
Butternut squash, with its natural, slightly sweet taste, has a slight lead in taste, but the orange-red color of pumpkins and pumpkins is more visually pleasing.
Preparation of the squash jam:
- Open the squash and remove any seeds
- Cut the squash into small pieces, without peeling it because the skin disappears during cooking.
- Peel the apple and cut it into pieces.
- Place the squash and apple pieces in a large saucepan or pot.
Cooking squash jam
Raise the temperature slowly, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- When a little broth appears, add the sugar and mix.
- Then add the vanilla pod and then keep on low heat for about 30 min.
- At the end of cooking, remove the vanilla pods
- Pour in the juice of the 2 lemons and mix the jam to obtain a smooth mixture
Potting the squash jam
Once cooked, it's time to put the pumpkin jam in a jar.
- Make sure the jars are cleaned well
- Pour the squash jam into each jar up to 1 cm from the top edge
- Screw on the cover with force
- Turn the jars over so that the air is removed, this increases the shelf life of the squash jam.
To enjoy on a toast of toast, it's a real treat!
Read also :
- Health benefits and virtues of squash seeds
Photo © ricka_kinamoto