Parmentier hash is a traditional dish made with mashed potatoes and minced beef.
Ingredients for 6 people:
For the mince:
- 500 g of ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1 podsgarlic
- 1 carrot
- Salt pepper
For the mashed potato :
- 1 kg of potatoes type Bintje
- 25 cl of milk
- 25g butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Salt pepper
Easy to cook, it is also economical but still as good to taste.
Parmentier hash recipe
The success of this recipe, which reminds all the dishes of our childhood, is within everyone's reach and should delight the taste buds of young and old!
- Start by peeling then washing the potatoes thoroughly
- Then immerse these potatoes in cold water, bring to a boil
- Cook for 25 to 30 min (depending on size)
During this time, we prepare the meat,
Here we will use minced beef but we can also use the rest of the cooked meat like that of the pot-au-feu.
- Peel then mince the onions
- Peel then crush the garlic
- Peel, wash then cut the carrot into very small cubes
- Melt the butter in a frying pan or sauté pan
- Sauté the onions first to brown them
- Add the meat, carrot and garlic
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly
Once the potatoes are well cooked ...
- Take the potatoes out of the water and drain them
- Mash the potatoes with the mash press
- Add the milk as you go, then the butter
- Season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
In an ovenproof casserole dish:
Preheat the oven to 200 °
- Place the beef preparation at the bottom of the dish
- Cover with mashed potatoes
- You can finally put a little grated cheese on top to brown everything, but it is not mandatory
- Bake and cook for 25 minutes
Serve immediately with a green salad ...
Enjoy your meal !