Creamy and fragrant, this pumpkin velouté recipe is a pure delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 small pumpkin (about 1 kg)
- 3 shallots
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of broken chestnuts
- 2 slices of gingerbread
- 35 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 25 cl of water
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 10 cl of milk
- 1 tsp. coffee of turmeric
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
Cream of pumpkin
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into pieces.
- Peel the shallots and chop them.
- Prepare the poultry broth: pour 1/4 liter of water into a saucepan. Place the cube. Heat until the cube is completely dissolved. Take 20 cl of broth.
- In a frying pan, brown the pieces of pumpkin in 20 g of 1/2 salted butter. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the shallots then pour in the chicken broth. Season with turmeric and nutmeg. Salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. At the end of this time, pour in the milk and cream, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the slices of gingerbread into cubes. In a pan, brown the broken chestnuts and the gingerbread cubes in 15 g of 1/2 salted butter. Keep warm.
- Mix the pumpkin. Adjust seasoning. Pour the soup into a deep plate or bowl. Place the chips and gingerbread on the velouté.
Well-being and pumpkin
The pumpkin is a plant of the Cucurbitaceae family. Compared to the pumpkin, the pumpkin has a sweeter, more flavorful and less stringy flesh. The best time to taste it is from October to December. Pumpkin is a vegetable that you can eat at will because it provides about 20 kcal per 100 g. Its advantage concerns vitamins with a very high provitamin A content. The more colored its flesh, the higher its rate.
Read also : our recipes dedicated to pumpkin
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret